soap molds for a good price

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbandtay

Reaction score
Hi I was wanting to know a place I can get some good soap loaf molds I would like wood, but I don't want to pay to much. I know I can make them for about 10 bucks a mold but I am in an apt, and the landlord might get pissed.

I've never tried using a cardboard box as a mold but I know a lot of people do it. I think the trick will be to line it with a heavy plastic, like a trash bag. Then you won't have to worry about any soap batter leaking to the box. I've also read that a lot of people like to use these boxes to store curing/cured soap. Plus, you got a good bargain on them!

You'll definitely need to line them (I suggest freezer paper, shiny side up), but they'll last a long time. Cardboard boxes actually work pretty well as long as you take care of them.

You may find you'll want to trim the lid because they can get in the way, but that's easy enough to do. Trim it right and you can still use it without any of the hassle. I always use lids; it's just a matter of making them convenient.

I got some for the card shop to try them, I will post pics later, I am going to try a HP beer soap, with some oatmeal flour.

okay a 400 card box will be about 2 lb, and they seemed to turn out all right

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Hey- those are the same kind of boxes I use in which to store my soap after they are done curing. :) Good choice! :thumbup:

IrishLass :)

Hi I was wanting to know a place I can get some good soap loaf molds I would like wood, but I don't want to pay to much. I know I can make them for about 10 bucks a mold but I am in an apt, and the landlord might get pissed.

Search on E-bay, there is a seller that sells take apart loaf molds for pretty cheap. I have one and I love it, bought it for like $15 total, included shipping.

Here is a 1-2lb one. I'd stay away from the seller showing aluminum foil as a mold liner.

Latest posts

Back