Soap in tube bags? Has anyone tried this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make alpaca-felted soaps, and the hockey puck size is perfect. Love this tubing idea, can't wait to try it!

I'm not so handy, so will try to figure out a way to do this without any drilling. Ideas, gang?

What drainpipe do you all use ? The only stuff I've seen here is the ribbed kind I use on my downspouts to conduct the water away from the house...

I use a silicone baking sheet to line my mold but I think that 1mm thick drawer lining plastics (from Home Depot) would work well too. You just need to move the soap by putting a can of block of wood the same as the internal dimension of the tube underneath it then gently push the soap up.

I used pvc pipe and pringles cans when I first started soaping. I had a lot of fun but all the people I give soap to preferred the soaps I make in log molds. I haven't made any round soaps in a couple years but when I saw the rimmed soaps I really wanted to make some of them. Maybe I will try the round shape again and see if I have any takers.

Mary Lou

The downspout stuff is round so makes round soap as small as 2 inches. It's easy to get out too.
PenelopeJane...just wondering if you could take a picture of the down pipe material at some point..particularly of the information printed on it...as far as the easy to get out part...do you line it with something or lubricate it in some way?

Here is a picture of my 80mm diameter PVC pipe and a 75mm diameter bar of castile soap made from it. The dots in the castile soap are vanilla seeds scraped from vanilla bean pods.

I found a can which fits pretty well to the bottom of the PVC pipe. I also put a layer of cling wrap over the bottom when I pour batter in. I screw fixed the can onto a piece of timber so that it is stable. The PVC pipe just sits in the top but comes out easily when it is ready to be demolded.

Soap mold 80mm.jpg

Castile 75mm.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back