Soap from a couple weeks ago

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenman

Reaction score
Here are photos from a few weeks ago - I know I know I am slacking on getting things posted.

This is a pure castile (100% olive) scented with cedarwood/lemongrass I can not wait for it to be hard enough to use.

sspx0126ss9.jpg

By dembarie, shot with SPH-M540 at 2009-01-19

This one is a test it is a whipped soap that is also a salt bar (it is a litle crumbly) but I think it will be nice once it cures. Patchouli/sandalwood/oakmoss/cedarwood/spruce/red clover

sspx0125nc5.jpg

By dembarie, shot with SPH-M540 at 2009-01-19

Roy

Hey,
The second one is sooo beautiful. A whiped saltbar? never heard from that. Wondering you'll be able to use it longer as you would with a salbar?
Dagmar

Great job! Did you cut up the salt bar yet? I know that they get super hard really quick. I have only ever made them in partitioned molds so I don't have to worry about cutting them up before the point it turns to stone.

This was my second Salt bar though this one I only used 60% salt as i also included Oatmeal, and it was my 1st Whipped salt bar. I did cut it and aside from being a little crumble it went well but I do cut them the same night as I make them. I am waiting for the bars to cure so I can try them. Oh it is also a coconut oil bar 80% coconut with just acouple other oils for their effects. the bar has an 18% lye discount. (I have high hopes for this bar)

Roy

Those swirls are gorgeous. I love the colours. I can hardly wait to see them cut.

So beautiful.

They are cut but I have no pics as of yet, and they reside at my GF's house I'll be there on Thursday, and will get pics then. Sad that the swirl did not go deep, but that is OK. Should be ab;e to post photos Friday.

Roy

Hey, guys, someone help me out here! What in the world is a salt bar?
(I'm getting images of polished oak countertops with little dishes of dead sea, kosher, etc., etc.)

The soaps are beautifully swirled....

OK Here are the cut photos, as I said sad the swirl did not go deep, but I was pretty sure it would not.

Beelady - Do a search on Salt bar - there are a ton of posts here about salt bars.

But basicly they are soap bars with alot of salt added ( I use Iodine free salt) They tend to have a great feel and are quite friendly to my dry skin.

Roy

sspx0168sx4.jpg

By dembarie, shot with SPH-M540 at 2009-01-26

sspx0167yb8.jpg

By dembarie at 2009-01-26

Latest posts

Back