Soap drunk **updated pics**

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miaow

Reaction score
I just showered with this hp goat milk&honey soap I made and started giggling and rolling my eyes it smells so good.
I didn't use any fragrance and it kind of smells like buttery eggy graham crackers or french toast.
4746425274_86538bf380.jpg

Also for anyone looking to try crock pot hot process, I've got a slideshow right here showing the different stages.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snakeriver ... 301663766/

Edit:
Another thing I love and hate about making soap.
I made the exact same goat milk recipe with the exact same ingredients(except honey, I forgot to add it before I poured the cp) but just a little bit hotter and this is what happened:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snakeriver ... 282192335/
4754778383_7fcaa187c4_z.jpg

The lightest(bottom) is cp goat milk without honey, the medium brown is lower heated goat milk&honey and the dark brown is overheated goat milk&honey.

What a difference the temperature makes!

OMG! I'm sooo hungry now! :lol:

It sounds great and the soaps look edible. Does the scent remain or does it fade over time?

Edit: I just went and looked at your slideshow. You did a great job of showing the different stages. Thanks for posting it. :D

Ok, so well described that this is next on my list. Lots of emotion associated with the sense of smell and touch and soap is the closest thing I can think of that hits both.

Lovely soap.

Hazel said:
OMG! I'm sooo hungry now! :lol:

It sounds great and the soaps look edible. Does the scent remain or does it fade over time?

Edit: I just went and looked at your slideshow. You did a great job of showing the different stages. Thanks for posting it. :D
They're so creamy!!! I just can't stand it!!

I made them June 21st and the scent hasn't faded yet but it's only been a week. I bought some felt at the Black Sheep Gathering here in town and made little red felties that are so cute, I should post those too.

Oh my gosh I really want a bar of this soap!! :) Are you putting any on your etsy store? (I keep editing this post because I keep having more questions, lol!) But I just wanted to ask you, if this is an hp soap, how in the world did you get the top sooo smooth? I use the same wsp green mold you have and I can never get the top soo smooth...the pick on your flickr of this soap looks cp to me, but it's hp if you say so! :) Girl fill me in!

FloridaSoaper said:
Oh my gosh I really want a bar of this soap!! :) Are you putting any on your etsy store? (I keep editing this post because I keep having more questions, lol!) But I just wanted to ask you, if this is an hp soap, how in the world did you get the top sooo smooth? I use the same wsp green mold you have and I can never get the top soo smooth...the pick on your flickr of this soap looks cp to me, but it's hp if you say so! :) Girl fill me in!
I've been pretty lazy with my etsy seeing as etsy is over saturated with soap, but fairly soon I will be taking a vacation drive down the coast here in Oregon and probably to California so I was thinking of handing out samples with my business cards to interested stores along the trip.
I swear it is cphp, I can prove it!
4747366784_442d726f5f_b.jpg
It actually looks kind of gross hahaha!
Actually while it was cooking in the crock pot it really separated and looked strange and oily, so I decided to stick blend it a little more while it was in the gel stage and it just plumped back into pudding status!!
It was great.

Oh also I used raw goat milk from a local farm as a substitute for water, not canned or powdered, if that makes a difference.
It was pretty cool it said "may contain disease causing organisms" or something on the bottle because it is unpasteurized :lol:

Wow! It really is cphp, ha! I'll have to try stickblending at gel stage after I've done the zap test and see if that helps the consistency some...sounds like a good idea to me. I can't get a smooth top for nothing, ha! Oh, and if you do get some of these on etsy I'll get a couple from you...the color is amazing, and "disease causing organisms", haha! You're a riot! Oh, and I think handing out samples on your trip is a great idea...geez it must've taken you a while to clean that dirty crock! :)

FloridaSoaper said:
Wow! It really is cphp, ha! I'll have to try stickblending at gel stage after I've done the zap test and see if that helps the consistency some...sounds like a good idea to me. I can't get a smooth top for nothing, ha! Oh, and if you do get some of these on etsy I'll get a couple from you...the color is amazing, and "disease causing organisms", haha! You're a riot! Oh, and I think handing out samples on your trip is a great idea...geez it must've taken you a while to clean that dirty crock! :)
On the contrary! The soap is so soft(think meringue) it just flaked off.

Hazel said:
Your felted soap looks great, too.

I have a dumb question. What's the benefit of making felted soap?
Not dumb. It's just like a built-in wash cloth. Lathers like you wouldn't believe! Or maybe you would I guess but anyways it's a lot :)

Also you can incorporate designs onto it that would be a lot harder otherwise..I hate the word persnickety but persnickety pelican on etsy has some really amazing stuff.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50245041/ga ... ies-felted
il_430xN.154126557.jpg

The oatmeal bar reminds me of peanut butter fudge!!!! Looks yummy.

weird, my soap dosent look like that all, they must have stirred it alot? I just sb til trace, then cook, it starts gelling on the outer edge, then eventually goes to the middle, then i stir and add fo.

honor435 said:
weird, my soap dosent look like that all, they must have stirred it alot? I just sb til trace, then cook, it starts gelling on the outer edge, then eventually goes to the middle, then i stir and add fo.
I do stir it a lot for a few reasons,
1. I like it to cook evenly(no harder clumps on the bottom/sides)
2. it keeps the soap from crawling out of the pot
3. stirring is more fun than waiting

I havent had lumps or have it crawl out of pot, maybe ive been lucky?!

Latest posts

Back