soap concentration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodhi

Reaction score
Im doing some single oils tests to change up my basic LS recipe and started using summer bee's calculator. I love that they have dilutions listed, it makes figuring that part so much easier. I don't understand why their dilutions calculate down to 10% neat soap concentrations. That seems awfully low to me. Why would someone want to dilute that much?

A lot of people make liquid soap and dilute down for foamer bottles. So the soap needs to be thinned out for the foamer to work correctly and not clog up ;)

Thank you Vanessa. And at 10% its still functional as soap? Even in a foamer? It just seems to me like there would be no more soapiness at that low of a concentration.

i have paid to access her lessons, too and really liked them, both the videos and the pdfs. it what really got me started making soaps along with Catherine Failors´s books.
Richie

Thats ok, im not looking for lessons anyway. Im just wondering why someone would want to dilute down to 10%

Back