SMF October 2018 Challenge - Travel Soap Entry Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone's entry is so pretty....and then there's mine which is all about function. Basically, I poured some leftover CP soap batter into a soap-safe dial-up container. I let it sit until it had set-up and then exposed all the soap for curing. I assume this could be done with HP or M&P too.
It's pocket (hello fellas!) or purse sized and can travel anywhere.
It's not super creative but it's a unique way to use some leftover batter, I think. I was really more curious to see if it could be done.
View attachment 32774 View attachment 32775 View attachment 32776
I absolutely love this! I'd been thinking about chapstick tube size, but this looks far more useful.
Can I ask how you got the deodorant container so clean?
I'm trying to reuse an empty and cleaning it isn't easy!

Yay Im so excited!

Ok, I used rebatch to make my soap. I chose some of my scraps in coordinating colors and chopped them up fine.
View attachment 32677
I placed them between parchment paper an rolled them flat.I lightly scented just a few tablespoons of clear melt and pour soap base an drizzled it over the top. I folded over the parchment paper and ironed it as flat as possible.
View attachment 32678
I carefully peeled the sheet from the parchment and used a cookie cutter to make heart shapes.

View attachment 32680
They are paper thin and good for one use as tested.

Very nice idea! - Question - Is it CP soap that you used as the rebatch soap? or M & P? I can make these for my grandson's lunch box for school.

Latest posts

Back