Shipping finished MP Soaps to Customers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studioalamode

Reaction score
Are there any special considerations when shipping bars of MP to customers? Just wondering - It doesn't seem like the MP raw blocks have to do anything in particular, but I wondered about soaps. Should boxes be labelled "do not leave in sun" or anything like that?

What is the best cushioning materials for M P soaps so they arrive in tip top shape, especially ones that are shrink wrapped or wrapped in glad wrap.

(I have been so disappointed when I have carelessly scratched one wrapping it or moving it from one place to another! I want customers to receive the perfect bar.)

Janet, I would be interested to know the answer to this too. I usually wrap each soap individualy in bubble wrap after wrapping the in shrink wrap. Because it can be so eas to dent them whilst wrapping I fold a teatowel or thick piece of cloth and sit it on the table when wrapping them, I HATE it when I drop one and it dents.

As far as the melting situation goes, I wouls be interested in knowing myself.

I recycle whatever packing material I have. Bubble wrap works as do packing peanuts, a layer of soap, a layer of peanuts, a layer of soap, a layer of peanuts, etc.

Tabitha, what do you packing peanuts look like in the US? are they the ones that are made out of polystyrene or potato starch? if so, I had been thinking of using them but wasn't sure if each soap would eventually make its way to the bottom of the package with movement in transit.

I never really thought about what they were made of, probably polystyrene or styrofoam :oops: .

Latest posts

Back