Shaving Soap in Crocks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerGeorge

Reaction score
11049579_675541102547687_6729509890615967021_n.jpg

Hot process with lots of castor oil and tallow. Green clay for slip and color. Scented with BB's Tobacco & Bay.

The crocks came from Amazon, and they're really too expensive for this purpose ($4 each), but they're SO CUTE!

These are unbelievably cute. I am searching Amazon now. I recently started wet shaving and would love to have a little crock for my soap (bought from an artisan friend rather than homemade) instead of the plastic tub.

Those crocks are really cute!

How do you like BB's Tobacco & Bay?

IrishLass :)

I like it quite a bit. Mine review is near the top, entitled "Don't Hate it, Don't Love it." That seems ambivalent, I know, and I've edited it once to add another star, but the scent grows on me more and more. Everyone without exception, men and women, old and young that has smelled it has loved it. My wife and daughters are VERY unforgiving when it comes to scents - like, my wife once made her cube-mate stop wearing a particular perfume once :shock: - and they all love it.

At the moment, I'd say it's my second favorite of BB's FO's, behind 'Wasabi.' (Take that with a grain of salt, though, as I've only smelled about 10 of them...)

I'll have to look into ordering a sample, then. I've been playing around with different Bay scents lately. I went ahead and ordered the genuine Bay Racemosa EO, and although at first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not straight up, it has grown on me tremendously, especially in blends.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back