Second Batch!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

annalee2003

Reaction score
My second batch of soap! I made it a little complicated and added a bit of color (cinnamon infused olive oil) and scent (lavender and eucalyptus eo's).

My original plan was to just add ground oats into the batter, but I completely forgot (so it goes) and added some plain whole oats on top.

Also not sure if the small percentage of castor did anything. I realized I only had a 2oz bottle of it and didn't want to use it all up in one batch.

Cuts are a little uneven as well, since I can't cut a straight line to save my life (think I need to invest in a ruler, at least).

21% CO
55% Lard
22% OO
2% Castor

I think it came out great though. :)

1446574530562.jpg

mymy

Reaction score
Those are some neat soaps! Lovely. I love how rolled oats adhered nicely to the top. :)

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the brown from the cinnamon infused oil! I have to try that :) That's much prettier than my second batch (or third or fourth) - I made straight up plain old unscented uncolored white soap for the first year.

Judiraz

Reaction score
Nice looking soap. I finally bought a cheese cutter...the type that is attached to a cutting board. I made a mark for the width I want and just line up on that mark and cut. No more bars that are thicker on one end or lopsided looking.

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Very nice! Congratulations! I couldn't cut worth a darn either.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a lovely color you got from your infused oil. That is nice looking soap!