Scrubbing milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to make a scrubbing milk soap using coffee grounds. I am trying to find a good fo that I have that would work to cover coffee smell. Or do I need to worry about coffee smell? Most of my fo is from Soapalooza. So I have just got an order in some new like Bayberry and Big Sur. Older like Rosemary and Mint, Dragons blood and Bonsai. What has worked for you scent wise when using coffee in soap? BTW I don't like coffee in any way shape or form. Not even the smell. I am doing this because I have grounds galore from in laws drinking it here in my house.

It won't really have a coffee smell but it does smell a bit odd, at least to me it does. Since coffee soap will usually end up dark, I like to use vanilla FO. Dragon's blodd would work very nicely too.

BTW, coffee grounds are GREAT for your garden. Earthworms LOVE them.

While I think that the rosemary and mint scent would be too light and airy, I don't think you'd notice the coffee smell under something like Dragon's Blood. That being said...if you HATE the scent of coffee, I'd dump the grounds in the garden and use oatmeal or cornmeal.

I make a gardner's soap with coffee and tea tree EO and I can slightly smell the coffee. But I don't use used grounds - I dump a few tablespoons of coffee grounds in my hot lye water.

Luckily I will not be using it. But dragons blood it is. My rosemary and Mint is very strong. One of my strongest scents to date. It might be because it was my first too. But I have had to cut how much I use in my soap. Soapalooza scents are stronger than most companies.

Back