scrub questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opalgirl

Reaction score
Hi, I just started making scrubs and want to know the best way to add color. I try liquid color and that did not work at all. Micas?

Thanks!
Opalgirl

Micas probably won't work. What kind of liquid color are you using? I use Labcolors for this kind of stuff, and I would think those would be great. What is your scrub recipe, cuz i am wondering if you liquid color is water based (or not soluble in oil) and your scrub is oil based, oil and water don't mix. You would need an emulsifier.

Can't think of what they are off hand. I'll bet they are water soluable. I just ordered some Labcolor from BB. I'll try those. My recipe is various sizes of salt, olive oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, Vitamin E and EO. Anything look out of place? Thanks!

opalgirl said:
Can't think of what they are off hand. I'll bet they are water soluable. I just ordered some Labcolor from BB. I'll try those. My recipe is various sizes of salt, olive oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, Vitamin E and EO. Anything look out of place? Thanks!

EEK! My mistake. I meant to say La Bomb colors from BB. Sorry about that. Brain fart. Lab colors will probably be fine, though. I use Labcolors for other stuff. Your scrub looks scrummy! Sorry about my brain fart :oops:

Latest posts

Back