Scentsy Buddy?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genny

Reaction score
Have you guys seen the Scentsy Buddy?
https://scent-frenzy.scentsy.us/Buy/Collection/785

I'm trying to figure out the point of these things? I get wax dipped stuffed animals for decoration/room freshening. But these things are actually marketed towards children. They're just stuffed animals with a zipper in back to put a "scent pack" and replace it when needed. What if a kid decides to open up their animal and eat it?

My sister wants to make these and sell them for less, but I told her I'm not interested.

I have no issue with them - you just have to think about the recipient and make sure any gift is age appropriate.

I agree! i have no issue with them either and if you going to sell them go right ahead! its a great idea for kids!

My grandson would figure out how to take the scent out and that could cause a big problem. Everything goes into his mouth. I think it's a bad idea.

You could always put the scent in sachets which are sewn (would be harder to open) but you could also give the zipper a couple of stitches to prevent little ones from opening - just a thought!

soapbuddy said:
My grandson would figure out how to take the scent out and that could cause a big problem. Everything goes into his mouth. I think it's a bad idea.

Well if you giving it to a 3 yr old and he is used to putting things in his mouth then maybe that gift is not something you should give him.

I'm honestly just surprised that it doesn't state "Not intended for children under 3". Instead it says "Cuddly companions for children of all ages"

I asked my kids and nieces and nephews if this is something that they would like. The kids 10 and under didn't really understand the point of it. My niece said, "My toys don't stink and I wouldn't care if they do" LOL
The older girls said that it might make a cute air freshener for their room, but they would never play with it.

So, I asked my cousin who sells for Scentsy about them and she said that she bought one, but if you're just using it for an air freshener you can't really smell anything. She said you pretty much have to put your nose right up to the toy to smell it.

They are cute though. I like the frog :)

Back