Scarborough Fair CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadiebugs1

Reaction score
My daughter and I came up with an idea we think will work very well. I was hoping to get your thoughts.

Scarborough Fair Soap.....Actual ground herbs of Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme and EOs of the latter 3. Natural colored of course.

Do you think this is a good idea for a soap?

Wow.....that would be a very potent combination.

Most if not all of those EO's are not to be used during pregnancy or by people suffering from high BP or Epilepsy. If you labelled them with the appropriate precautions I guess there would still be some takers.

I love the idea and the name (of course) but I would be a little worried about that combination.

yes, make sure you label them. i have epilepsy and i wouldn't want to purchase a bar, well, not for me anyway. my sister would love that combination!

the name is very nice!! *thumbs up*

:)

You are not the first one to think of this. It has been done many times before. It has been done in potpourri, mixed eo's, majik concoctions, and I have seen it in soap. I have even seen it done in bread. The key being that they reference this combination to the song.

By the way check out

http://www.gardenerspath.com/articles/h ... ysage.html

If you google around on the lyrics it is interesting to find that the originals (or at least earlier words) were far from having anything to do with herbs, but the rhyming scheme worked.

To me it always sounded like with a little fennel would make a nice sausage recipe.

They are some potent herbs, and have some interesting connections in certain circles. Sage is a funny thing, since it really describes at least 5 or 6 different herbs (well perhaps they are simply strains) with at least to my nose distinctly different smells.

Kind of like saying "mint" which spearmint and peppermint and for some reason wintergreen (not a mint at all) gets lumped in, as well as cat mint (catnip) and so on. All are mint, but they all smell different.

Similarly sage has a bunch of them, as a matter of fact they just made one illegal in Virginia last year (salvia divinorum) .

Interesting......gave me many things to think about. I checked out the page you linked to above....cute...and again, very interesting.

Thanks for the feedback! :wink:

So, what other songs can you come up with that have potential soap recipes in them?

Anyone try lime and coconut? :D

Absinthe said:
So, what other songs can you come up with that have potential soap recipes in them?

Anyone try lime and coconut? :D

Absolutely ;)

I called it "Owen's Lime"

Used dessicated coconut for scrubbies and Lime EO, plain white soap then dusted the top with dried parsley ground down to a fine powder in the coffee grinder. It was beautiful.

ETA....I even shimmied around the kitchen singing "Put de lime in de coconut" while I was making the soap :)

I am just not coming up with any other songs from which to make a soap... Oh wait I think it is coming to me now...

How about "Huckleberry, cherry, lime" (Lollypop right?)
Or
Crimson and Clover?
I guess 'Brown Sugar' and 'Sugar, Sugar' might count, and perhaps 'Sugar pie, honey bun(ch)' could work too...

There has to be more

Absinthe said:
I am just not coming up with any other songs from which to make a soap... Oh wait I think it is coming to me now...

How about "Huckleberry, cherry, lime" (Lollypop right?)
Or
Crimson and Clover?
I guess 'Brown Sugar' and 'Sugar, Sugar' might count, and perhaps 'Sugar pie, honey bun(ch)' could work too...

There has to be more

Aha, some Golden Oldies there.
I think you are giving away your age ;)
as am I by recognizing those songs.

Music is timeless, I am sure we both heard them on the oldies channel, on AM radio :)

Ok, so if we went for strawberry fields, would that suggest using the whole plant? I am not sure exactly what American pie is, if it isn't apple, and though they do mention Whiskey and Rye, I am not sure what they would do in a soap recipe but maybe...

Absinthe said:
Ok, so if we went for strawberry fields, would that suggest using the whole plant? I am not sure exactly what American pie is, if it isn't apple, and though they do mention Whiskey and Rye, I am not sure what they would do in a soap recipe but maybe...

I once received a soap from Beth in Scotland. Whiskey, Heather and Honey.

She boiled the whiskey down to remove the alcohol and used that as the liquid, Heather FO and Honey to finish.

It was gorgeous soap and the smell of the whiskey was faint, but still noticeable.

Perhaps she was going for an "Atholl Bose" oh, wait no oatmeal

But that's not a song, it's a drink :)

Latest posts

Back