SALT SPA BARS / LET'S SEE YOUR PIC'S

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeartToHeart

Reaction score
So, I love these salt bars. Love to call them Spa Bars... Saw some negative comments......
: i've never had success with dead sea salts in soap -- at trace or anywhere else in the process. nasty, gooey, sweaty, and lathers like a lump of cement. i wouldn't even add it as a topping, it's no better...

I don't get it.... My first trial bar lathered great! so, now I'm gonna post my pic's of all 4 batches.... Well, maybe in the morning...Just finished my 4th batch... Wonder if I can stamp them.... would love that too.... Geez they harden fast.... Love that.... Pour and cut in the same day!!! OMG!!! Soap Heaven!!! Pic's tomorrow, Saturday AM....

dscn0106m.th.jpg
[/url]

All 4 batches of salt bars....[/img]

Lovely salt bars. Pretty colours.
I snuck a look at all your pics, your stamp looks terrific.

Here is a pic of my newest.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Left is a Love Spell Dupe and right is my Hippie Mama...

The colors didn't come out to good in the pic. Love spell is more purple than it turned out in the pic

Wow! they all look so good.

@Soapbuddy - yours look perfect - so smooth

@jezzy - the colours are lovely!

I'm really struggling with salt bars, they seem to set up to quick and I can get the smooth texture or any decent colour. I am so envious........

Soapbuddy, I love how nice and smooth yours is to! what % of salt did you use?

busymakinsoap, it took me awhile to find the right time to color. I bring my soap to a light trace. Both of those are 100% CO SF @ 20%. then I wait a sec zap it with the sb again. Add my salt and Sb again. Seperate and color. when it is at a med trace.

I wish the colors showed up better.

I have been reading this post with interest, now I dont want to sound dumb, but what are the benefits of salt bars ???? I assumed that being salty they would be drying to the skin ??? can someone enlighten me please as I have obviously missed something .....

Hey Bubbles Galore - I broke down and bought that mold from WSP even though I'd rather not buy from them. I had to have it! And after I do my next batch of FO tests, I'm going to make myself some nice white salt bars with the goal of looking just like yours! They are gorgeous!

Oooh! Beautiful soaps. I really like the blue one to the left. It makes me think of the bottom of the sea with what looks like sand on the bottom and the translucent looks like water.

Jezzy said:
Soapbuddy, I love how nice and smooth yours is to! what % of salt did you use?

busymakinsoap, it took me awhile to find the right time to color. I bring my soap to a light trace. Both of those are 100% CO SF @ 20%. then I wait a sec zap it with the sb again. Add my salt and Sb again. Seperate and color. when it is at a med trace.

I wish the colors showed up better.
I used 50% of salt to oils.

it's transparent soap. made using failor method.

Latest posts

Back