rhubarb lavendar soap pix

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
well, it's soap! it's a very rich soap, running recipe thru lye calc puts it at an 8% superfatted soap, and there's jojoba, shea butter and sweet almond oil as well as olive oil in the soap, so it's a bit softer and richer than any soap i've done so far.....i hope it will cure up nicely. the rhubarb certainly didn't retain it's bright pink color, it's sort of a rose-tan, but i'm glad i added the lavender buds and eo at trace, it smells divine.

here's the pix, i decided to do a straight cut and not use the crinkle cutter this time. i like the clean lines, but i do like the crinkle cutter too....just something different.

Maybe it's because I'm used to brown soaps ( I use biodiesel byproduct on my soaps), but from here, they look great! :)

Anyways, looking at the picture, another question comes to mind:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PIZZA??? :shock:

i get empty, unused pizza boxes to store my curing soaps in. my daughter works at pizza hut and is able to get these for me. they are fairly handy in this regard.....keeps dust and junk off of the soaps. thought as they accumulate they get a bit awkward. but for now it's what i use.

I like the way that turned out , it sounds like a great feeling soap. I like the soft rosey color too..

Kitn

Back