Review for FO's bought at Mill Creek

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Millcreek, but as someone mentioned earlier, it is more geared toward candles than soapmaking. I make soy candles, and some of my favorite hot/cold scent throwers have been from Millcreek...that being said, I wouldn't guarantee that their oils will all work well in soap. As we all know, soap is a finicky beast, with A LOT of variables, and FO's can cause some funky things to happen.

wookie
they have lots of body safe fo's, it is listed as body safe on each description. Peak also has a lot of candle fos but lots of body safe ones too!

honor435 said:
i got my stuff yesterday, they smell pretty good, kinda weak though, compared to peak or brambleberry, hope theyre ok. I made orange/chili pepper yes. and it smells really good. I wanted it to be orange, but is peach, oh well!
shipping was 9$ and they give you 2.25 ounces each.

I ordered 20 -- yes, they are WEAK

i dont like their warm van sugar, smells like pink sugar, honey butter seems good, mt. lake is good, but used a lot and hubby said it doesnt smell! going back to peak.

I just got my order from millcreek. I can't say how strong they are compared to other companies, but I am sort of disappointed. the lily of the valley smells exactly like....roses! the rest of the florals i ordered smell very very sweet and not to different from each other. the best is sunflower, which smells exactly like the elizabeth arden fragrance and honeysuckle is pretty good too. mediterranean fig smells less like a fresh fig, but more like a fig newton. the most interesting FOs are arctic air and dream catcher - nice and complex, but somewhat weak. lemongrass smells a bit too citronella for my taste and fresh fruit slices is a true Hawaiian Punch smell.

will try some other place next time..

still trying them, some weak, sandalwood, lemongrass( i added some real to it) island flower is real nice, scent stayed,
im going back to peak, but i would buy definitly buy the orange chili pepper again and honey butter( i used that in scrub and lotion, awesome).
chesnuts and brown sugar is good, i havent used the very sexy/ for her or the cashmere. But orange chili pepper is the BEST!

Back