Resize batch help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a smaller mold that holds 32 ounces total.

At 33% lye concentration, how many ozs of oil should I use?

My current batch size usually is 35 oz of oil at 33% lye concentration.

I'm bad at math.

How does that recipe look? Any recommened changes?

Attachments

• Document.PDF
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
I'm happy with WSP's Silicone Loaf Mold 1501. I have 4 of them.
Most of my recipes are scaled down to 30 - 32 oz oils
The mold holds 40-44 oz. of soap

30 oz oils X a factor of 1.37 = 41 oz. soap (approx) = 8 bars, 5 oz. each
32 oz oils X a factor of 1.37 = 44 oz. soap (approx) = 8 bars, 5 oz. each with leftovers

Your recipe looks to be a nice lathering, cleansing and conditioning bar. Well done. You may want to try re-entering it with oz. or grams rounded up or down to whole numbers. That's what I would do. I don't enjoy fiddling with decimals other than 0.25 and 0.5.

To resize the batch, enter the numbers as is and hit Calculate. Then choose "%" and enter the amount of total oils you want to use to make the batch and hit Calculate.

I use SoapCalc. I'm not familiar with the one you use, so I hope that makes sense?

I'm happy with WSP's Silicone Loaf Mold 1501. I have 4 of them.
Most of my recipes are scaled down to 30 - 32 oz oils
The mold holds 40-44 oz. of soap

30 oz oils X a factor of 1.37 = 41 oz. soap (approx) = 8 bars, 5 oz. each
32 oz oils X a factor of 1.37 = 44 oz. soap (approx) = 8 bars, 5 oz. each with leftovers

Your recipe looks to be a nice lathering, cleansing and conditioning bar. Well done. You may want to try re-entering it with oz. or grams rounded up or down to whole numbers. That's what I would do. I don't enjoy fiddling with decimals other than 0.25 and 0.5.

To resize the batch, enter the numbers as is and hit Calculate. Then choose "%" and enter the amount of total oils you want to use to make the batch and hit Calculate.

I use SoapCalc. I'm not familiar with the one you use, so I hope that makes sense?
Thanks for breaking it down for me. I'm hopeless when it comes to math. I use saponicalc but will follow your steps on soapcalc.

Latest posts

Back