Recipe based on oils on hand

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crucisis

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First off, I am new at the forums and at soapmaking. I have made two batches of CP soap and read up as much as I can about it. But as they say the more I read, the more quickly I want to dive in and get going.

Most of the beginner recipes call for palm oil or tallow. And I don't have either on hand. So before buying them, I thought I would list the oils I have and get your opinion on which oils (and in what percentages) would make a good lathering, nourishing soap.
Also I have already made a OO and CO with cocoa butter recipe. So wanted to try something else this time.

So here goes, I have-
Avocado oil, EVOO, Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, some cocoa Butter, Soybean oil and Corn oil.

Can anyone please suggest a good recipe that I can use?

Thanks!!

Corn oil is not a great soaping oil.

I was going to suggest something similar to lsg but maybe drop the soybean to 10% and up the olive oil to 35%.

What if I don't want to use Avacado oil on a large scale. Is there a substitute for that within the oils I already have? Maybe 10% Avocado and increase some other oil?

How does Almond Oil fit in here? I read that Sweet Almond oil is highly nourishing, is that true?

You can switch around the amounts and oils any way you like. Just go to SoapCalc lye calculator and put in the total weight of the oils you want to use and play with the percentages.

Latest posts

Back