Re-setting your skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelion

Reaction score
after testing so many of my soaps, sometimes I feel a "build-up" and the need for a shower with a simple bar of dial soap.

does anyone else reset their skin?

Nope. The exact opposite for me, actually. :) Commercial soaps would make me feel a build-up, though- especially Zest, ironically. I remember their commercials that claimed it reduced soap build-up. Just goes to show that there are different likes for different skin types. :)

IrishLass

Nope I can't use commercial soap . I make different base recipes , my skin never feels like it has a build up .

Me neither... my skin's been looking/feeling GRRRRREAT!

I still have a few bars of commercial soap sitting around from before I started making my own and I don't know what to do with them because I'm sure as hell not going to use them!

If I use commercial soap, I feel like there's a layer of crud left on my skin... I forgot to take soap with me on an overnight and had to use the soap in the hotel. I itched all night!

I too dont feel any kind of build up on my skin from my soaps. I honestly dont think I could use commercial soap anymore. Funny thing is, my boyfriends Irish Spring is all GONE. Now he HAS to use my soaps and he loves em. No more commercial soap buying for us.

Same here, I haven't felt any build up. I won't ever buy commercial soap or shampoo again. My skin and hair have never felt better. I made a shampoo bar and my chronically itchy scalp is no longer itchy. I used to rotate shampoos weekly and used head and shoulders once a month, it would be fine for a few days then go right back....no more. I don't need lotion either :)

I haven't felt build up either from mine. I do from the commercial body washes though that I used to love. My husband and I were commenting on how our skin is actually not dry and not itchy at all, ever. No dry elbows! He always had dry elbows, year around but not now.

Rosey said:
I haven't felt build up either from mine. I do from the commercial body washes though that I used to love. My husband and I were commenting on how our skin is actually not dry and not itchy at all, ever. No dry elbows! He always had dry elbows, year around but not now.

i was talking to my DH the other day and i knew he had been using one of my soaps for a couple of months. He always has these thick skinned dry elbows an i am always lotioning them for him when i get extra for my hands. The other day i am looking at his elbows and realize that his skin is soft and there is no dryness at all. i asked him what lotion he has been using since he is not a lotion person at all. He hasn't been using any lotion!!! his elbows were all better because of MY soap!! i was so proud of myself when i realized it!

Hmmm.... hubby's gonna get an elbow inspection when he gets back in town!

Although... he spends 2 nights a week at the fire station and I don't think he brought any of my soap there... I'd better check.

perhaps my old habits are dying hard and I keep looking to return to baseline before I test further.

My arms, hands and elbow are much softer, but I think some light flaking on my calves set me off. I do a 6% superfat and a cleansing factor of between 6 and 11 on soapcalc.

I could never use commercial bar soaps. They're so drying and squeeky! I'd rather just use water than use those because they totally kill my skin.

I don't like to use anything commercial bodywise! Still on the deodorant but Im even thinking of having a go at that. Handcrafted just feels so much nicer,& even tho Im a B&B newb & only doing simple stuff,my skin & hair,and especially my face look & feel fantastic. Just goes to show ya don't really need all those fancy sounding ingredients! The dilemma is figuring what to do with the commercial stuff I have left. I don't wanna give it to anyone I know cos Id rather give em my handcrafted stuff! :?

I do have problems with some build-up/residue myself but I've decided that it's just me. It would be awful depressing to go back to commercial soaps. They are so much worse for me and incredibly drying. I could count on one hand the number of times I've used lotion in the last year.

I was never able to use the scented commercial bars; they all irritated my skin (and I don't consider my skin sensitive). When I used commercial bars; I used dove sensitive skin or unscented basis. However, for me none compare to handcrafted natural soap.

NO!!! I itch if I use anything but handmade. I've been using it on my hair for 4 months & there's no build-up there either.

Not handmade? Yuuuuuuuuuukkkk!!!! :p

Latest posts

Back