Questions...??? Cutting soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapSweetie

Reaction score
Hi I am quite new to soap making and am going to be selling some at a local christmas fair. I am planning to make mini cosmetics and so everything will be small I was wondering how I cut the soaps to the sizes I want them (which I am not yet sure about any suggestions?) I recently saw a youtube video where they use PVC pipes I was wondering if I use that as a mould?

I am wondering if you are that new to soap making and cosmetics if you should be selling your goods at Christmas without extensive testing and research of your products so you know how they perform. Even if this is a one of Fair, people will be putting these things on their skin.

If you look in the General Business Forum there is a thread there you might like to read -
Sticky at the top of the page - Are you ready to sell your soap.
Hope this helps.

I have already tested the M&P base but as I wasn't selling them I used ice trays as my mould I was hoping for something a bit bigger now. I was worried I would come across as a complete newbie but I have read, learnt and practiced thoroughly before I signed myslef up for this I was wanting input and advice on getting it the right size (without buying moulds) somwhere between the weight of 30 to 50g each?

I don't know where you live but if you're in the US, you could look for Wilton silicone mini muffin trays. I've seen them with round, heart and square cavities and I think they'd be close to the size you want.

There are a number of places to buy soap molds that would work for your needs. There are hundreds of soap making supply sites out their like ours that offer a full range of cutters, molds, trays and everything else you could ever want to make your soaps truly unique. Furthermore, soap molds are usually very cheap, ranging from 4.50-25.00 for a really nice silicone mold. Try browsing some of the soap supply sites and you will get some great ideas. But like the others have said, do some real world testing before going out and selling your soaps. It seems easy but there is a learning curve, even with M&P soap making. :D

Latest posts

Back