Pumpkin Spice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsPine09

Reaction score
My stepmom recently took a trip to WA to visit some family members. When she came home she told me that she found some handmade soap in a little shop, but didn't feel right buying soap from someone else when she knows that I'm making soap. She said that the soap was scented with Pumpkin Spice and asked if I could make her some soap with this scent.

We both love the Fall so I intend on purchasing some yummy Fall-like scents. Which company/companies carries the best pumpkin spice FO in your opinion?

I have Bramble Berry's Pumkin Spice. It is my families favorite out of all my soaps. But I hate making it! It accelerates like crazy! I got soap on a stick. Next time I will not use a water discount and will hand stir in my fragrance with a whisk. Then I will pour ASAP!

Just made a batch with TSW's Sugar Pumpkin Chai. Did accelerate a bit, but manageable. It's a heater, so insulate very lightly if at all. Smells just like pumpkin pie to me.

Just make sure you check the recommended usage rates. Even ones that are skin safe may only be safe at VERY small percentages; just because it says it is for bath and body doesn't mean 5% or 1 oz ppo. A friend learned that the hard way! Her FO was only soap-safe at 0.07% so check carefully.

I used a combo of Peak's Sweet Pumpkin Spice with NDA's Pumpkin Patch. I saved out a bit for yellow and orange swirls because both FO's discolor. I had time to work with the soap, not much acceleration. Ended up with a very pretty dark brown soap with yellow and orange swirls. I wish the scent were a bit stronger, but it smells sweet and spicy at the same time. I have smelled a sniffie of Daystar's Pumpkin which smelled divine, but cannot attest to how it soaps.

I've read that cinnamon and clove eos are too strong for body/skin products, but I've had some great experiences in rebatching goat milk soap with them, WHEN I'm really careful to use them in moderation. Too much and the soap stings the eyes in the shower. (Sorry, I can't find my notes with exact amounts.) The e.o.s and addition of ground cinnamon and clove gave the soap a lovely, natural pumpkin color. Also, clove and anise and even cardomom seed can be crushed fine in a grinder and added for exfoliation. I decorate the tops of the soap with star anise. Use with caution, but don't let anyone scare you away completely from the spice e.o.s (cinnamon, clove).

Back