Powdered clay mask recipe forumulation and %s?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My daughter and I are going to try our hand at making some powdered clay masks (that we'll add water or yogurt to each time we use it). We have all sorts of different clays, some activated charcoal, powdered goat's milk, and powdered fruit, vegetable, and flower extracts to mix in. Does anyone here have a good base recipe or rule of thumb regarding what percentage of ingredients should be used in a face mask? I figure the bulk of it will be the clay, but I have no idea of what kind of percentage of additives to add...

Thanks for any help you can give!

A basic recipe from the Soap Queen uses 2 parts rhassoul clay and 1 part kolin clay. You can add activated charcoal or pureed fruit or vegetables at the time of use. "Once you’re ready to use, place a small amount of the clay into a small bowl or the palm of your hand. Mix with water or oil until you have a thick paste. Spread the mixture onto clean skin and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes. Wash off."

https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/rhassoul-clay-mask/#more-67453

Thanks, Isq! I was just wondering if there was some rule of thumb about how many parts clay to parts powdered additives (like cucumber powder, milk powder, rosehip powder). Maybe it's just trial and error, but I thought I'd check. I've searched and online but haven't found much about powdered masks.

I think it's a matter of personal preference.
I don't know of any rule of thumb for powdered masks. I just played around with different powdered additives in different amounts until I found what worked for me.

Back