Plastic wrap to line molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangetree71

Reaction score
I just opened up a box of Freezer Wrap, expecting it to be freezer paper, but it is actually heavy duty plastic wrap. Can I use this to line my molds?

Did you buy that at Ocean State Job Lots , Orangetree?(OSJL calls it "Freeze Tight"). I've done that before. I tried using it, but it was too difficult to work with. I ended up running out to Star Market and buying real Reynolds freezer paper. BUT, I eventually discovered was that it's a heavier gauge than saran wrap, with a LOT more "cling", and now I now use it to wrap MP, and flat gift sets. I've seen someone on a video use it , but their molds came completely apart, and they lined each piece, then put the mold back together. If you don't want to hassel with exchanging it, and can wait til the end of the month when we get together at Borders, I'll trade a roll of Freezer paper for it. And while I'm thinking of that meeting, we should all bring 3 bars of our soap, and we can exchange them.

i like shelf liner, some people call contact paper, but dont take the backing off sticky side! you can wash off and use again and again

which side is touching the soap (face or backing) If it's the face side, could you attach the backside to the inside of the mold?

Maddy,
Yes, it's the freezer wrap from Ocean State Job Lot. I'll save it for you. Hope it works okay, because I ended up using it - didn't feel like running out to the store. Are you sure you want to exchange soaps and get together with a newbie? I'm intimidated because I went to www.madartist.biz and saw the beautiful soaps you sell.

Tamara

orangetree71 said:
Are you sure you want to exchange soaps and get together with a newbie?
Oh course! Nothing to be intimidated by here. There's so many ways of doing things, that I think there is really no right or wrong. (well, I guess lye heavy is wrong, but you know what I mean.)

The site is new. In the past I've only sold stuff through the salon. We decided that we'd give the internet a try.

Today, I unmolded the babyfood soap we made after reading a post here, and even though it won't be completely cured by our meeting, I'll be bringing some bars with me, for swapping. Here's a peek (I'll slice it tomorrow)

babyfood.jpg

orangetree71 said:
That soap is beautiful. Lucky me to be able to swap for a bar of it!
Hope you like light frarances, This is 1/3 Lemon Verbena and 2/3 Citrus H20

ChrissyB said:
Lovely soap.
What did you use to get the maroon colour?
Thank you, It started out as an 8lb batch with 5 oz of Gerber pureed carrots (baby food) for the orange colour. It was OK, but I was hoping for a more intense colour. So just before full trace, I decided to pull out 32 oz of the batter and added 1/2 tsp of Red Oxide powder. Then we layered and folded them together. I'm hoping for more shades of the two colours, once we slice it.

Latest posts

Back