Plastic shrink wraps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dawn dish soap, baking soda and hot water is wonderful for getting rid of the oil slick in the glass bottles. As far as handling glass jars in the bathroom...I'm thinking of gluing part of the glass containers by wrapping with jute or hemp rope. I don't know if the feasibility and time is worth it. But I'm going to put my feelers out with friends and family members (my guinea pigs) and get feedback.

I use either Dawn or Member's Mark Degreaser (from Sam's) to get the oil slick out of glass bottles and jars. Hottest water possible from the tap, then after it is almost full, add the Dawn/degreaser, top with lid. Shake gently. Allow to sit on the counter or in the sink until it is room temperature. Works a charm.

I wash my glass jars and bottles the same as I wash the rest of my dishes. I do most of my dishes by hand most of the time. But I do use the dishwasher for glass bottles that don't get clean enough by hand washing. Or when there are a lot of them to wash.

Latest posts

Back