Pics of your Soap room :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Thought it might help those thinking of re-doing their room with some ideas.
Every room is different in shape and size.

I just bought ANOTHER rack, only because I bought the wrong size for DS Dragon cages. But they were on sale and are 24" wide, not 18" wide like my other 2.

Still trying to figure out what goes on what shelf.
Smaller 2 will be for drying and next to that is the window with AC so need to rearrange BB stuff for that table.
Wish my 2 file cabinets fit under the table but now I think I will just use it as the cutting table :) I Love double duty things !

Room is 12.5' x 11' and my computer is in here too.
This is where I spend most of my days ;) I also have security cameras set up that needs to be re-figured later so I have more room.

Pics in order Left to Right as you enter the room.
20180527_123838[1].jpg 20180527_123952[1].jpg20180527_123927[1].jpg

I'm so glad you started this thread! I've used my kitchen as my "soap room" all these years, but my husband now wants to turn half of our den into a soap room for me, and the rest into a big pantry/general storage room, which will also provide more room for molds and extra supplies. We've been looking at soap room ideas on the internet, and plan to start work on it in a week or so. Finally, my kitchen can be dedicated to meal!:thumbs::dance:

Ohh I am jealous, you get to MAKE it !
In the 1st pic, you can't see there are 2 closets, one door and one sliding doors :( Wish they were not there as it would have given me more options.

I would not like having closets with doors, either. Even with that, looks like you have quite a bit of storage space. Do you melt your oils in the kitchen, and then take them to your soap room to work? Our house is a split level, and I'm sure I'd trip over the dog sooner or later if I had to do that. We have an almost new sink we will install toward the end of the work, and are looking for a good used stove. Hubby said he wants to spend this week building shelves in the other part of the den, and then start work on the soap shop. I'm so excited! I spend way too much time clearing the kitchen table between soaping, homeschooling, and meals. Soaping supplies are mostly stored in boxes, and I spend so much time hunting for stuff. A few shelves and I will think I'm in Heaven!

I melt in the Microwave, in the kitchen. I may get one for in here but at the moment it is not necessary. I don't use a stove for soaping. If I do HP I have crock pots that I use in the soap room.
I mix my Lye outside on the deck -- just past the kitchen.
So I melt, then mix lye, as lye is cooling I bring oils into soap room, set everything up then when lye is ready I bring it in. I NEVER RUSH with lye. I have 2 cats so I walk slowly and make sure everyone is sleeping before I soap ;)

Those closets are for storage of unused "stuff" and winter coats.

When I get to do things over I will have one wall dedicated to just racks, top to bottom.

I have 2 cats so I walk slowly and make sure everyone is sleeping before I soap ;)
:lol: on the cats! I have stumbled over kitties more than once, but thankfully, I wasn't carrying lye or hot oils.

The first thing we are going to do is build floor to ceiling shelves on two walls. Hoping to find a used baker's rack for curing soap. Currently, soap is scattered throughout the house. I look forward to having things in one area, and at least somewhat organized.

Latest posts

Back