Perfume

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicki Carr

Reaction score
Perfume hi does anybody have any recipes for making perfume if I buy a fragrance not sure what to put in it and how much also glass or plastic seems like glass would hold the fragrance of smell better does it thank you I learn so much here🥰

Hi does anyone have recipe for perfume and put in glass bottle or plastic thank you 🥰

Your best bet is to Google DIY Perfume . Look for a site that offers "accords" that comprise the foundation for long lasting scents.

Other than that, the easiest way to make perfume is using roller balls. Just add a favorite fragrance to an oil with a long shelf life like jojoba or FCO.

Your best bet is to Google DIY Perfume . Look for a site that offers "accords" that comprise the foundation for long lasting scents.

Other than that, the easiest way to make perfume is using roller balls. Just add a favorite fragrance to an oil with a long shelf life like jojoba or FCO.
Thank you so much sure will look at that🥰🥰🥰

Mandy Aftel. Scents and Sensibilities. Can be found second hand. This book is solid perfumes (beeswax and jojoba). Website is www.aftelier.com
Have been making solid perfume for one year. It’s fun, rewarding, and have learned a lot about essential oils. To make small batches, one can use an electric coffee cup warmer plate and a small glass borosilicate beaker of 40 or 60 ml. Beeswax melts at a lower temperature so the coffee cup warmer plate is perfect. Ingredients will not burn and they melt slowly. No stove required. To my surprise the solid perfumes I’ve made have improved in scent over time. Edenbotanicals have excellent suggestions for what might go well with other essential oils. Also the small batches can be easily made with sample sizes. Caution. Use a small open top borosilicate beaker with the pouring edge. As the heated mixture is poured it cools off and sometimes the beaker needs to go back on the coffee cup warmer plate. I have discovered an affinity for violet leaf eo, tobacco eo, black current, and balsam fir as well as some fairly esoteric eo types. Made coffee solid perfume for grand daughter. It’s nearly identical to making lip balms. I order the $2 and $3 sample sizes to mix into less expensive eo’s like lavender, orange, palmarosa, etc. the Mandy Aftel book scents and sensibilities is worth every penny. Solid perfume goes nicely in smaller lip balm containers. Hope this is helpful. Oh if you don’t like scent just remelt with other eo. One time I added 12ish grams solid perfume of eo beeswax and jojoba oil to a soap. This was the point at which I had my first soap on a stick! As more experienced soap makers know…beeswax needs higher soap temp!

Last edited:
Mandy Aftel. Scents and Sensibilities. Can be found second hand. This book is solid perfumes (beeswax and jojoba). Website is www.aftelier.com
Have been making solid perfume for one year. It’s fun, rewarding, and have learned a lot about essential oils. To make small batches, one can use an electric coffee cup warmer plate and a small glass borosilicate beaker of 40 or 60 ml. Beeswax melts at a lower temperature so the coffee cup warmer plate is perfect. Ingredients will not burn and they melt slowly. No stove required. To my surprise the solid perfumes I’ve made have improved in scent over time. Edenbotanicals have excellent suggestions for what might go well with other essential oils. Also the small batches can be easily made with sample sizes. Caution. Use a small open top borosilicate beaker with the pouring edge. As the heated mixture is poured it cools off and sometimes the beaker needs to go back on the coffee cup warmer plate. I have discovered an affinity for violet leaf eo, tobacco eo, black current, and balsam fir as well as some fairly esoteric eo types. Made coffee solid perfume for grand daughter. It’s nearly identical to making lip balms. I order the $2 and $3 sample sizes to mix into less expensive eo’s like lavender, orange, palmarosa, etc. the Mandy Aftel book scents and sensibilities is worth every penny. Solid perfume goes nicely in smaller lip balm containers. Hope this is helpful. Oh if you don’t like scent just remelt with other eo. One time I added 12ish grams solid perfume of eo beeswax and jojoba oil to a soap. This was the point at which I had my first soap on a stick! As more experienced soap makers know…beeswax needs higher soap temp!
Ty so much 🥰🥰

Ty🥰

Pics of my perfume making basics. First steps measure and melt the beeswax as it takes the longest on the little coffee warmers.
Then measure jojoba or other oil and add to melted beeswax. All will remelt together
Add EO drops as desired. Mix with wooden skewers/chopstick or other smaller mixing item.
Pour into containers. I use roll up lip balm or small 5 gram plastic cosmetics jar. Cap when fully cooled
IF making larger amounts it can be that the mixture cools along the sides of the glass container. Put back on warmer and use wooden skewer to scrape down sides.
The mixture cannot burn on this heating unit. However essential oils do evaporate with heat. That said I mix oils into little glass bowls until I have the scent I want. Then measure out the eo with a disposable plastic dropper. They are marked in ml on the side. Recipe in Aftel book is in ml and tsp measures. It’s so easy and fun! I make a mix of lavender and orange and a teeny bit floral for sleeping balm.

Attachments

• B0208F2A-C90B-43E8-A8F4-6BF0C73F0EC0.jpeg
    B0208F2A-C90B-43E8-A8F4-6BF0C73F0EC0.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 6AAD7AD5-1EED-441E-BDB3-7A78BD9E7BCC.jpeg
    6AAD7AD5-1EED-441E-BDB3-7A78BD9E7BCC.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1972A197-486E-494C-94DE-82F086F6C3EF.jpeg
    1972A197-486E-494C-94DE-82F086F6C3EF.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
  • D88E85DE-DBF9-4F16-87F0-B47AF55A5F35.jpeg
    D88E85DE-DBF9-4F16-87F0-B47AF55A5F35.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
For making solid perfume The borosilicate containers are lightweight and made to be put on heat. Also they have ml lines on the glass so you will know how much you’ve made. Glass measure jars for basic cooking will not work well. Heavy and take all day to heat on the small coffee warmer.
Science supply stores carry these for school supplies. American scientific etc. or when all else fails Amazon or Walmart by mail.

Never store FOs or EOs in plastic. In time they will eat through the plastic. Best best is to use glass jars or bottles.
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/t-PerfumersCornerHow.aspx
Agree completely. Thank you for adding this note of caution. And thank you! for the link to the perfumers corner :)
All perfumes made with jojoba oil only or made with perfumers alcohol must go into glass containers.
The solid perfume made from the Aftel book is beeswax, jojoba oil, plus small amount of drops of eo. Have not experienced any issues with putting this mixture into plastic containers or lip balm containers. The dilution appears to be low enough in essential oils as to not cause any issues.

Last edited:
Pics of my perfume making basics. First steps measure and melt the beeswax as it takes the longest on the little coffee warmers.
Then measure jojoba or other oil and add to melted beeswax. All will remelt together
Add EO drops as desired. Mix with wooden skewers/chopstick or other smaller mixing item.
Pour into containers. I use roll up lip balm or small 5 gram plastic cosmetics jar. Cap when fully cooled
IF making larger amounts it can be that the mixture cools along the sides of the glass container. Put back on warmer and use wooden skewer to scrape down sides.
The mixture cannot burn on this heating unit. However essential oils do evaporate with heat. That said I mix oils into little glass bowls until I have the scent I want. Then measure out the eo with a disposable plastic dropper. They are marked in ml on the side. Recipe in Aftel book is in ml and tsp measures. It’s so easy and fun! I make a mix of lavender and orange and a teeny bit floral for sleeping balm.
Ty so much

I just got that book ty🥰

I just got that
M
I just got that book ty🥰
I just got that book ty🥰
Edenbotanicals has lots of suggestions for mixing scents. Each essential oil is listed as top middle or bottom note as well as what it may pair well with. Because I use their site so very much for information I also purchase from them. They are the site where I learned that many base notes improve with age. Bulkapothecary has the least expensive beeswax I could find. Beeswax doesn’t spoil really. Kept cool and away from light it lasts ages. Fromnaturewithlove has jojoba oil on clearance. Jojoba oil is more of a wax than an oil. Shelf life two years and some if stored cool dark. Containers at Glass Bottles, Plastic Bottles, Glass Jars, Metal Tins and More

Perfume hi does anybody have any recipes for making perfume if I buy a fragrance not sure what to put in it and how much also glass or plastic seems like glass would hold the fragrance of smell better does it thank you I learn so much here🥰

Hi does anyone have recipe for perfume and put in glass bottle or plastic thank you 🥰
I've used Everclear as opposed to perfumers alcohol and it works very well. I've also used cyclomethicone & FCO for dry oil perfumes. I've used glass roll-on bottles. My formulas are not readily available.

Latest posts

Back