Peppermint tea soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiralTouch

Reaction score
B8A3FD61-F243-4E04-A192-B71CE01349E9-360-00000024B34E35FA_zpsd532cbc1.jpg

Super strong peppermint soap! Peppermint tea instead of water, peppermint EO, and peppermint leaves.

So refreshing. A nice green for St Patty's day even though it won't be ready for a month

Wow very nice. Super pretty and looks like a cool breeze. :) I have a question, if you don't mind indulging - what did you use for the color? And did your tea turn brown on you? A lot of people say the tea turns brown.

Wow very nice. Super pretty and looks like a cool breeze. :) I have a question, if you don't mind indulging - what did you use for the color? And did your tea turn brown on you? A lot of people say the tea turns brown.

I used matte woodland oxide from WSP.

I didn't notice the mint tea turning brown, and it didn't affect the soap in any way. I have used actual black and green tea and that does get really brown.

I tried to make peppermint tea soap once, and mine turned brown. I wonder if it is a brand-specific problem. Which kind of peppermint tea did you use? I tried Bigelow. The brewed tea was light.

Back