Pencil Line Coffee Soap Redeemed Itself!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyone80

Reaction score
Woohoo!! I was so disgusted with it on Monday that I only cut two bars and left the rest of the loaf to sit b/c the layers were separating. Well I guess the soap was just too soft to cut and just needed to harden longer. So I cut another bar off tonight and it didn't fall apart! The layers stayed together so I cut the rest of the loaf and no problems at all. I got 5 good bars out of 7 so I'm pretty happy with that.

Pics!

Coffe Pencil Line Soap Cut.jpg

Coffee Pencil Line Soap.jpg

Those are little beauties! Can I ask what is in the bottom layer to get the dark dots? Is that coffee too? I love that look.

Beautiful soap! And best of all, you shared your troubles so lots of us learned something! Thank you for that! If I ever make soap with a pencil line, I will now know to wait to cut it.

Those are little beauties! Can I ask what is in the bottom layer to get the dark dots? Is that coffee too? I love that look.

Yes I ground up already ground coffee to get a finer grit and added some to just the bottom layer.

Beautiful soap! And best of all, you shared your troubles so lots of us learned something! Thank you for that! If I ever make soap with a pencil line, I will now know to wait to cut it.

I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it but this was a lard recipe and I also didn't let this soap gel, I threw it directly into the refrigerator. I usually gel all my soaps and am used to unmolding and cutting by 20 hours. This one was still too soft to cut by 24 and really it did take a full 72 hrs for it to be ready.

Back