Packaging Ideas please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I have been making soap for about a year and have a good process. My current dilemma is how to package it? Leaning towards paper but not sure. Ideas please...Thanks in advance.

I have been making soap for about a year and have a good process. My current dilemma is how to package it? Leaning towards paper but not sure. Ideas please...Thanks in advance.
After much deliberation, I've finally settled on a packaging solution for my handmade soap. Drumroll, please... I've decided to go with biodegradable paper packaging! Not only does it align perfectly with my commitment to sustainability, but it also adds a unique charm to my product presentation.

If you are leaning toward paper then go for it. There is nothing that prevents you from changing later if you decide there is a better option. My question to you would be are you selling and what would work the best for the type of sales (markets, retail, on-line). How you sell may direct you to the best packaging. I like cigar bands, but I only sell at markets, and I am the only person selling. I want the customer to be able to pick up the bar, see the design and check the scent. If I need to tighten or replace a label it isn't a big deal. If I sold on-line that wouldn't be as important but maybe attractive paper would be so that the soap would look special or like a gift. If I left in a retail store, I would want packaging to protect my product and to hold up to a longer period of time without me checking on the product.

One warning. I purchased a tissue paper wrapped soap at a market once. The paper stuck to the soap and was a real mess getting it off. If you expect your soap to be outside for a day of sales make sure that there isn't a problem if it gets damp, or the weather is hot/humid.

Latest posts

Back