Olive Oil MP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CathyW

Reaction score
Anybody have any hints or tips to working with olive oil MP base? Thanks

Hi , You use the base as you would any other base except you don't have to add the olive oil. A while ago I was looking up ingredients for different bases such as shea butter.. base olive oil base.. goats milk base ect. and I found that in bases that are enriched with these things approx.
10% of these additives are added to your basic WHITE or OPAQUE or CLEAR glycerin base SO now instead of ordering these bases I add the additives myself,if I want a Olive Oil base I use clear glycerin base and add my own Olive Oil now I have an Olive Oil enriched glycerin base.
I find it to be cheaper this way. :wink:

carolynp said:
Hi , You use the base as you would any other base except you don't have to add the olive oil. A while ago I was looking up ingredients for different bases such as shea butter.. base olive oil base.. goats milk base ect. and I found that in bases that are enriched with these things approx.
10% of these additives are added to your basic WHITE or OPAQUE or CLEAR glycerin base SO now instead of ordering these bases I add the additives myself,if I want a Olive Oil base I use clear glycerin base and add my own Olive Oil now I have an Olive Oil enriched glycerin base.
I find it to be cheaper this way. :wink:

Great idea. I'll have to try that on my MP base from Columbus Foods. Thanks. :wink:

Latest posts

Back