Ok, help if you are here lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just made my dream no color batch of soap. The fo riced up so bad...i tried to beat it i to submission. I soaped a little warm because i had nothing fancy to do.

it finally got to a batter consistency, so i poured. I already have oil pooling on top. I have no clue what to do now :hairpulling:

edit. I poured it back into the pot. It seems better now. I will post updates lol. This was the craziest thing lol

edit again, now that im not frantic. After the pour, it looked like it was ricing all over again, and the oil was pooled up all over the top. It went from medium-ish trace, to liquid. Obviously its not going to be useable soap at this point, so i just poured it back. A couple zips with the sb and it finally became comepletly normal. I could have done swirls with it...didnt, but could have. This was the weirdest. I have used this fo twice before from the same bottle and didnt have this problem. My temp was a little warmer than usual, but not hot. I normally soap pretty cool. I guess that was the difference.

I am sure there will be lots of air bubbles in this one. And i had to wipe batter from my arms more than once lol. Hopefully i saved my batch

Last edited:
I am done with discoloring FO lol. Also done with this coconut and any brown colorant.

I had to make my second batch for the layered soap. I soaped cooler because of the ricing the first time. I only used about half the amt of fragrance for the second layer, but I needed to do swirls, so it was really stressful from the get go because of the other night with the first half of the soap.

This was so much of a worse experience because I had three containers to add fo to. I ended up only adding it to two containers because as soon as it hit the batter it riced up. First I stirred, it started looking a little speckly, then oh crap... tried to sb it a little, then a lot. Finally the wisk did it. Perfectly normal batter. I could even let it sit while I did the next one. So next container I figured I would just start out with the wisk first. No...guess the series of events needs to be stir, sb, grab a beer, then wisk LOL.

I just cut my first loaf (had to make two for what I was doing). It's ok, not my best work lol. Anyway, the brown looks like meat (why I am done with brown), I won't know what it really looks like until the rind blends in (why I am done with discoloring fo). Somewhere in there is MM King Tut that I only did a little of so it wasn't just two colors. This was the most anxiety evoking soap I have ever made LOL.

It needs a lot of clean up. And the loaf in the background that still needs to be cut...some of last nights batter seeped under the first side, so I guess thats gonna look weird when i cut.

Attachments

• 415E3076-952E-4C71-88FE-FD8905877C4F.jpeg
    415E3076-952E-4C71-88FE-FD8905877C4F.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 19
Back