Oat milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is my recipe: All in ounces. b Oils in total 53 ounces. for a 5 lb. wooden box.

14 ozs Olive Oil
14 Coconut Oil
14 Palm Oil
5 Shea Butter
5 Sunflower
1 Jojoba

Super Fat Discount 5%

Called for 20.14 water ozs. ( I used that amount of Oat Milk) that's where the blob came to be.
Called for 7.435 lye ozs.

Essential Oil 2.75 ozs Lavender EO

If you would like to tweak this recipe, that would be fine. I want a very moisturizing bar of soap.

I can make a smaller batch that would call for 25 ounces of oils. I have a silicone mold.

Personally, I would start with a smaller batch just to make sure it worked, then increase the batch size if you find that this is a successful method.

I would cut your recipe in half to start, to 26.5 ounces. You'll have a small amount of soap left over, but you can pour it into a couple of individual molds.

This is what half of the recipe would look like:
Coconut Oil 7 oz
Jojoba Oil 0.5 oz
Olive Oil 7 oz
Palm Oil 7 oz
Shea Butter 2.5 oz
Sunflower Oil 2.5 oz
(Total Weight 26.5 oz)

Distilled water: 5 ounces
Lye: 3.73

At trace: Add 5 ounces of oat milk

Thank you, I will try it, should the oat milk be room temperature? Or heated?

Many thanks, Fran

I just used 100% oat milk as my liquid and got a glob...more like cookie dough.

Wish I did a search on this forum and saw IrishLass's comment before doing this whole thing. But I chalk it up to experimenting. Will see if I get soap in the end (it was light trace when I poured it into the mould and is slowly starting to thicken up - is behaving just like my breastmilk soap).

If not, I'll just refine the recipe again.

I have been wanting to make Breast milk soap since my great granmother mentioned it. Recipie? HP? CP?

I just used 100% oat milk as my liquid and got a glob...more like cookie dough.

the exact same thing happened to me a while ago. homemade oatmilk, full liquid swap, as soon as the lye was in... cookie dough. the more lye i add, the bigger the dough. ended up throwing the thing and opted for 50-50 swap instead.

anyone here had success mixing the lye to oatmilk?

I saw a video on youtube ..1st mix lye solution to oils ...and at light trace u can add oatmilk. To get pure creamy soap.. always water discount with any kind of milk and add at trace never before.. u may 1st add fragrance oils and lastly add milk... hope that answers the glope 😅

the receipe I got was from www.soap-making-resource.com It called for 3 cups of Oat Milk. Is that too much? What amount should I be using for a 5 lb batch of soap?

Also, so whatever amount you tell me to use, I use half in the lye solution itself and the rest pour into my oils?

My next questions would be how hot should the oils be when pouring the oat milk into it?
Why don't u add milk at trace dear ?

the exact same thing happened to me a while ago. homemade oatmilk, full liquid swap, as soon as the lye was in... cookie dough. the more lye i add, the bigger the dough. ended up throwing the thing and opted for 50-50 swap instead.

anyone here had success mixing the lye to oatmilk?
If u wish to mix lye with milk please freeze milk in small cubes first... and slowly mix in with lye as not to overheat the milk.

Latest posts

Back