No longer a Soap making noob!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrJuggles

Reaction score
:D
After my first disaster where I was that meticulous with detail and rereading the the instructions I read the fahrenheit temperature as celcius and as a result I super cooked my very basic soap mixture at more than double the tempertature ending up with a big fluffy smelly mess.

That's not soap by MrJuggles, on Flickr

Laughing it off and taking it on the chin I begun the whole process again (after cleaning and double cleaning all the equiptment and surfaces) and I started a new batch with a sensible temperature.
I put them in about 22:30 last night so had to set my alarm to wake me up around 01:00 to go turn the oven off so I could take it out of the oven this morning.
I'll be honest, as this is my first batch I have no idea if this looks good, but from my "not a clue" standpoint I am very happy with these bad boys.
I'm sticking them in a cupboard for two weeks (though the recipe says they can be used after 2 days) and maybe take a look into what my next project can be. :lol:

They look great!!! Congrats!!!
Can you also post the recipe you used?

No promblems Zhuliya it's actually via this site. The recipe is very well written and talks about the whole process and why taking it step by step is important. it can be found HERE
I am just waiting to try it out. It says it should only be two days before I can try it, but I'm going to give it two weeks just to be sure.

Latest posts

Back