Newbie looking for Suppliers, help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char

Reaction score
Hello, I've just joined this forum and one of the most overwhelming and difficult aspects I've faced is simply finding a good supplier.

With the huge proliferation of suppliers online, with different quality items, can anyone please suggest a couple suppliers where I can get basic items (e.g., shea butter, salts, essential oils). My concern is that I don't want to drop a huge amount of money for a large amount of mediocre product without any recommendations or insight.

I am hoping to find a "tried and true" supplier for some very basic B&B supplies, something like a big box supplier where most people get their stuff. If anyone should know, local suppliers in NYC would be very helpful as well. From my past experience, I've had terrible service and even worse products since I did not have the right information.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Under shopping recomendations forum, you can dig thru there and read peoples opinions. There's tons to look at. My favorite for butters and oils is www.soaperschoice.com I havent found better pricing. www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com have great prices for just about everything else. www.atlanticspice.com is great for herbs and powders. I don't know where in NY, but in the shopping recomendation forum, someone listed 'suppliers by state'. heres the direct link.

http://www.suppliersbystate.com/state-listings.php

I really like www.newdirectionsaromatics.com. They have great prices on a lot of the oils I use, including the best price on Hemp Seed oil that I've found. They also have LOTS of EO's, along with helpful information about each EO - its uses, background, and blending ideas.

Thanks a bunch for the information guys! I'm going to a gander through the Shopping Recommendations area, as well as the sites you've mentioned.

I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back