Newbie from So. California

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drea1176

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Drea! I'm not only new to this board but new to soapmaking. I don't know what really got me interested in it, but recently I've been longing to try it out so I went for it today and made my first batch. I'm anxious to see how it turns out here in a few days.

I joined the board to talk with others who have a bit more experience or who are just starting out like I am. I am sure I'll have a million questions to ask everyone as I get comfortable on here.

A bit about myself - I'm a 33yr old loving wife to my husband Jamie who is currently serving out his last 3yrs of his Naval career in San Diego, CA. We have 2 beautiful children, Zac (10) & Summer (9). I just recently returned to work part-time to fill my days while the kids are in school - the adjustment has been difficult for all 4 of us and I'm kinda hoping that if I can get fairly good at soapmaking and as long as I enjoy it maybe I can turn it for a profit so I don't have to work according to someone elses schedule, but that is in the distant future. Right now I am just focusing on getting the basics down to see if this is something I will enjoy doing.

Anyways, that's just a smidget about me, sure you'll get to know me better in time. Looking forward to getting to know some of you as well...

Take care,
Drea

Back