Newbie From Borneo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asiaticbabe

Reaction score
Hello,

I hail from Borneo and I'm a newbie soaper. First batch i tried was hp, forgot to trace (LOL). Soap turned out greasy, crumbly and soft but smelled great, with 4 layers of various stuff and colours. I got hooked. I have no machine nor hand blender here. The next day, I did CP and found that it's so much easier to make design although colour runs on top layer and it mixes real well. HP is hard to make swirls and keep a uniformed shape.

There are 3 soapers who have been able to go big and hopefully I shall be the 4th. The others are mostly just soapers for fun.

I am curious about what it is like over in other parts of the world for newbies. With so many established soapers, if you were a newbie starting today, how can I compete locally and on internet? Is soapmaking still profitable there? What are the barriers I would be facing and how to conquer them? How do you convince people to spend 4 - 5 X the price of a regular soap for your soap?

Is anybody here an experieced liquid soapmaking? I'm hoping to start using potassium hydroxide next week. I am looking for a winning, simple shampoo recipe which does not need essential oil (hard to get here and costs an arm and a leg); rather uses regular beer or aloe vera, tea or vegetables? How long can the shampoo be kept?

Anybody here able to make a sellable natural hair conditioner? I'm a recent divorcee just getting out of 18 years of domestic violence and needs to start earning a living real fast. All help appreciated. Looking forward to your replies and thank you in advance.

x

:D hi there!

welcome to the forum!

at the top right of the page you can click on "search" and enter key words that you are looking for and it will bring you all the threads on the topics you search for.

another useful site is www.soap-making-essentials.com it's great for info and ideas.

we also have business forums and recipe and tutorial forums.

looking forward to chatting with you in the forums!

happy soaping! :D

Welcome!
First of all, congrats to you for getting out of a bad situation after such a long time. I think that deserves a mention, because it's not easy.

Check out the soap recipes forum, and also the bath and body forum, the members have posted lots of lovely recipes that will give you lots to start with.
There is also a general business forum, lots of info there, and a website sales forum also!
Oh and the CP forum, don't forget that!
Looking forward to seeing you in the forums.

Chrissy

Hi Welcome to the forum . It is great to have you here :D I wish you great success if you go on to make soap as a business .You must be a strong woman and a brave one so I think that will help you out big time.

Kitn

Back