Newbie from Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DelightSociety

Reaction score
Hi all. I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been making soap for about 2 months now and am finding it loads of fun.

Hello and welcome! Soaping is addictive, yes? Where abouts in Australia do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I am on Lake Macquarie, NSW. We have quite a few Aussie soapers here on the forum. Enjoy your visits here!

Tanya :)

DelightSociety said:
I'm in Perth. It would be awesome to meet some Perth soapmakers if there are any here.

I am not aware of any on this forum....we do have members from Qld, NSW, Vic and Tas though. Do you get any supplies from Aussie Soap Supplies? Jude and Dave have awesome products and sooooo much info on their website, especially tutorials and how to's and recipes.

http://aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/ just in case you don't have it.

Hello Aussi

Hi there and good on you for doing it all on your own.
My big sister is moving to Perth with hubby in a month os so.
I will let her know what market you are at and she can turn up and say Hi ! maybe.
You are going to have soooo much fun.
With the internet we are just in the next room .
Mary x
:lol:

topcat said:
I am not aware of any on this forum....we do have members from Qld, NSW, Vic and Tas though. Do you get any supplies from Aussie Soap Supplies? Jude and Dave have awesome products and sooooo much info on their website, especially tutorials and how to's and recipes.

http://aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/ just in case you don't have it.

I get all my soap supplies from them (except scents, get those from Big Tree Supplies). They are really nice and I can pick it all up from thier place so saves me on delivery.

I feel a bit alone here in Perth (soap wise). I know a couple of soap sellers but they have sold at the same markets as me so are compitition and not really buddy buddy.

Hello & welcome from Canada's Sunshine Coast. I love your kid's soaps! What a wonderful idea and so creative! Your website is very nicely set up as well.

Yes, BTS are awesome for FOs and they are getting colours soon too. Karen is alway quick to post out - I just got a parcel of FOs which I ordered Thurday night, were posted Friday and here Monday!

Your website is fantastic! And I followed the link to "Made It" as well. Tell me a little about that....is it like ebay? Like etsy maybe? Is it new? I am interested in all avenues of retailing/wholesaling my soaps and B&B products.

TIA!

topcat said:
And I followed the link to "Made It" as well. Tell me a little about that....is it like ebay? Like etsy maybe? Is it new? I am interested in all avenues of retailing/wholesaling my soaps and B&B products.

TIA!

Made It is like Etsy but for Aussies, and has been around a year I think, I know some people who have had great success through Made It...not me though, I can't give my stuff away. I love Etsy but the Aus $ conversion kills me. There aren't many B&B Aussie sellers on Etsy either, most are from overseas.

Ok, thanks very much for the info. It may be worthwhile to register and list a few things just to see how it goes. The fees are okay, not too exhorbitant. I have sold things on ebay over the years, but was warned against trying soap as there are just too many competitors...it's all a fantastic learning curve though.

Latest posts

Back