New to Melt and Pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda0131

Reaction score
EEA3B86D-51D0-4205-8700-32A35D808808.png
I made tons of CP years ago and have a fund raiser coming up and thought I could do something fun with some melt and pour. I used a mold like this with CP. yes it was delicate but i made it work. My question is can i color some MP, make these skate boards (let them harden obv, tho i don’t know how long for) then place them in my 12x12 silicone bar molds and pour clear MP over them? Will they melt? Will they float? Will this work? Thoughts? Best place to get MP? Last I knew was brambleberry but again that was years ago...Thanks!

I would let the soap in the skate mold set until it was solid enough to transfer,( time depends on the temp of your poured soap and the depth of the mold). After placing the M&P skates in the bottom of the silicone bar molds, spray with isopropyl alcohol. Pour just enough melted soap to come up a little way on the skates, let it set until it is fairly set on top. This will anchor the embeds. Spray this layer with alcohol. Pour another thin layer over the top and spray with alcohol. Let that set until it forms a skim on top, spray with isopropyl alcohol and pour the rest of the of the melted soap. If you have bubbles or foam on top, spray again with alcohol.

Latest posts

Back