New Soaper!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikindred

Reaction score
I am new to the soap making process and have decided to start a home based business making soaps, bath scrubs and body washes. I am looking for ideas and information on how to create and sell soaps.

Hi ikindred , welcome to the forum , it is great to have you here. Have fun with your soap making .:D

Kitn

I am trying to make melt and pour soap bars but after seeing all the posts, I am confused! I see alot of recipes call for lye to be added but the melt and pour say nothing about lye. Do I actually need to add lye?

Lye

hello!
I am new in soap making and I would like to know if I could use lye in powder?

Thank you

Re: Lye

Cocoberry said:
hello!
I am new in soap making and I would like to know if I could use lye in powder?

Thank you
Welcome everyone!
You will need lye for cold process soaps. If you are working with Melt & Pour, no lye is needed.

Recipes that call for lye are cold process soaps, not melt & pour. They are 2 completely different processes.

ikindred said:
I am new to the soap making process and have decided to start a home based business making soaps, bath scrubs and body washes. I am looking for ideas and information on how to create and sell soaps.
sounds like you found just the place! :)

Im trying to do something similar as well! :)

Back