New Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchad21ut

Reaction score
I acquired a recipe from a friendly and helpful person on this forum, but I wanted to put a little spin on it and make it my own. I noticed that the recipe she provided was a little drying, so I reduced my CO and added a little more conditioning, and noticed it was too soft of a bar on the soap calc, so I decided to add Sodium Lactate to the recipe. Also, after plugging it into the soap calc my water and lye amounts changed? so I got kind of concerned, I just wanted some feedback before I go and buy supplies....
Any comments or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Water/Aloe Juice (50% of each) - 10.16 oz.
Lye - 4.61 oz.

Coconut Oil - 10 oz.
Olive Oil - 14 oz.
Shea Butter - 4 oz.
Castor Oil - 4 oz.
Sodium Lactate - .66 oz.

Superfat:
Jojoba Oil - 1 oz.
Vit. E Oil - 1 tsp.

Please only use SoapCalc as a guide. There are quite a few things that really don't add up with the lather, conditioning, etc. Learn fatty acids and formulate from there. Sodium Lactate will add lather not conditioning. You could try adding CB to make it more conditioning.

HTH

I actually wanted to add sodium lactate cause I read on here that it is a soap hardener.
the problem was that I upped my conditioning levels from my old batches, and cut back on Coconut Oil, cause it was too harsh. which made a softer bar.. that's why i was thinking of adding SL.

Olive oil makes some of the hardest soap ever if you give it time!

Back