New molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, as a new soaper who wants to eventually sell.....

I have done some loaves and have some preferences as far as molds go, meaning i have two molds that are two completely different sizes.

if i were to get another mold right now as a noob, should i get another of my fav, or see what else i like.

i would LOVE to try a slab, but I think that bc i would also need a new cutter, its out of my expense range right now.

plus sometimes i just want to make two at the same time, but have to wait for one, to be able to do the other.

i probably just answered my own question lol. Bit i would still like opinions.

I would get another of his favorite. I purchased a couple different ones when I first started. I found one I really liked then purchased 4 more of the liners and my ex made mods for them to fit in. After several years I wants a larger bar so tried a new company and absolutely fell in love. I now own 9 of them. My favorite are the 7.5 lb basic mold from Nurture Soap. The lids from the other molds fit well enough for insulating with a towel. My ex husband made them.
They are sturdy and you can make more or less soap depending on what you want. I also have one of her slab molds. But, I have a slab cutter too.

If you like the size of the mold you have now and want to do more soaping I'd say get two for each size.
I started like you, with two different sized mold (one wide and one tall). It worked well for me when I only did one batch every week. Now I started to make 2-3 batch a week with occasional test batches I realized I don't have the time to wash and dry the mold in between so I got one more for each size. Eventually I plan to have for 4 each loaf size plus the 3 PVC cylinder molds I already had so that maybe I can use 2 molds at a time.

Back