New Dove commercial

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does this commercial make CP soap look 'bad' because the higher ph?

That is an effective looking ad, but I am such a cynic that I look at it and wonder what kind of paper they used, did they fiddle with it on the other soaps, what was the time elapse on the other bars (because there didn't seem to be one on the Dove bar)...

That is an effective looking ad, but I am such a cynic that I look at it and wonder what kind of paper they used, did they fiddle with it on the other soaps, what was the time elapse on the other bars (because there didn't seem to be one on the Dove bar)...

My thoughts exactly. Ads like this can be so misleading!

WTH was that paper made out of? In the way it broke down, it looked like dissolving paper. It also looks like there's more water on the other bars as well, which if it was dissolving paper, would explain the break down on those bars & not doves.

I hate dove ads, but like Liz, I like their "inner beauty" campaigns.

Sodium tallowate, Sodium lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Fragrance, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

I always felt greesy after using Dove. But that was years ago. Just saw the dang commerical again. Can you tell my comp is in front of the TV. :)

WTH was that paper made out of? In the way it broke down, it looked like dissolving paper. It also looks like there's more water on the other bars as well, which if it was dissolving paper, would explain the break down on those bars & not doves.

I hate dove ads, but like Liz, I like their "inner beauty" campaigns.

Even their inner beauty campaign is a sham. They got in trouble a couple years ago for directing their photo editor to make normal bodies look good enough for TV. I believe the words were something to the effect of making the skin look like it hasn't done the milage of being overweight. They also placed ads on Craigslist for model calls, and beautiful skin and hair was a must-have. No average looking women for a beauty campaign, must be pretty.... hmmm, sounds like all other beauty ads to me.

When I told my boyfriend I wanted to make soap one of the first things he said was "Whats wrong with safe normal soap like Dove?"

Watching that add Dove seemed to be saying their bar is not soap. I find it ironic they do not even want to be soap.

I don't like the Dove campaigns, they are still telling women they should be beautiful. All they did is redefining what is considered beautiful. We don't owe it to anyone to be beautiful.

Latest posts

Back