Need suggestions for wrapping bath bombs please ;)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I wrapped them with double layer of tissue paper and tied with rafia, just wondering what everyone else does? Also where can you get the ball maker for molding bath bombs? Thank you in advance.

bathbombs002.jpg

I have read to wrap them in plastic to keep them fresh and moisture out. Michaels has nice foil for wrapping .I think a lot of people use a meatball maker to shape the bombs.

Kitn

those look great. i use a silicone muffin tray to make mine.

i think one sit is soapequipment. com and sites like wsp just sell the meat ballers like mentioned already.

I found the best wrapping to be cellophane, either sheet or bag, tied (really tight to seal) with a pretty ribbon. This means people can still see the colour/s of the bath bomb. But if you like the tissue paper you could always then just do a second layer in tissue. But they do really need to be airtight otherwise they'll start to fizz on their own due to moisture in the air.

I have wrapped my bombs and also have left one out of the wrapping so people can see and smell them ;)

Bath Bomb Molds

I got my molds from Hobby Lobby I paid $.99 for both the large and the small round ones and I paid $1.49 for one that was heart shaped. It was shaped like a heart but flat on the back side. I think the large round mold was suppose to be more but the cashier just charged me $.99 because the sticker was not on it. Hope you find what you want....

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been using my ice cream scoop and that is working fabulous.
bathbombs001.jpg

They are lovely colours and the ice cream scoop makes a good size and shape bomb!

The green ones look like they're fizzing a little already though...?

I think the best method is shrink wrap. That is how I do mine. A little bit of moisture will turn those into volcanos. Imagine your customer opening that package, lol. Shrink wrap and a round sticker, simple economical, and keeps them fresh and dry.

I've seen some great bath bomb moulds on ebay. They kind of look like an egg carrier, and they make a perfect round ball. Comes in all sizes. HTH :) The bath boms look great btw!!

If you use shrink wrap for bathbombs does that hold the scent better than usinga cellophane bag? Could you make bathbombs 2 months in advance and the scent still be pretty good.

Donna

Latest posts

Back