Need more curing space

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennikate

Reaction score
I need more space for curing soap. I have soap everywhere. My hubby just shakes his head. My mom loves all my soaps. I am thinking about getting a little corner table for more curing space.

I have taken over my daughter's bedroom. She loves me using her room because her room smells good. She has a window unit air conditioner and has become addicted to the noise it makes at night so she runs it every night on as low as it will go.

I buy diet cokes at Sam's so they come in a hard plastic case with holes on the bottom and sides. They stack nicely. So after my soap cures for 4-6 weeks, I place the soap in the cases and stack them. The air can still circulate and you have lots of room to store a lot of soap in a small area.

jackie

Hello, good luck. I got lucky, because our formal dining room was never being used and my wife loves making soaps with me. So, I went and made that my nice little soap room. Now our entire bottom floor smells incredible all of the time.

John

If you want more space without using too much area, go up. What about using a shoe rack like this one?

1007688sm.jpg

that's nice, but be sure not to put soaps in direct contact with chromed metals or DOS will haunt you. another lesson learned the hard way.

Our guest room has a bathroom with a shower. I have purchased plastic-
covered metal shelves that stack- they are for stacking dishes or cans inside
of cupboards. I have 4 stacked inside the shower. I bought them at K-Mart.
Then when little pieces break off, instead of having to vacuum the carpet, I
can wash them down the drain.

carebear said:
that's nice, but be sure not to put soaps in direct contact with chromed metals or DOS will haunt you. another lesson learned the hard way.

Hehe, too right Carebear. I have to cover the shelves with baking paper first. :wink:

I was very much in need of some more drying space for my soaps. I had made a rack that I used for the last 18 months that had 14 shelfs on it. I just got done setting up my new one. I bought a bunch of these heavy duty rubbermaid wire shelfs that are tight mesh. They appear to have a grey powder coat coating on them. Easy to clean and no liner needed on them. I have almost 3X of drying space now. This puts me in the mood to make some more soap. I am off to soapcalc now!

Bruce

PS I did not know about the crome shelfs. I sure am glad all my new ones are not crome.

I was stashing my soaps in our gun closet(hidden space within a closet with a separate door). I quickly grew out of that! purchased a metal rack with plastic coated metal shelves from Home Depot. It only has 5 shelves. I need to look into buying separate shelves to add on. I have the rack in our little office. Ugh... I need more space again, LOL!! :)

Latest posts

Back