need Help Liquid Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
epowers777 said:
Well I cooked it for another 4 hour total of 6 and I'm tired of stirring. It turned out the same as the first picture. Does anyone else have a castle soap liquid recepie?

Did you then boil some water and add a small amount of soap to the water to see if it was cloudy? If it was clear, then the soap is cooked and ready to be diluted.

If it was cloudy or opaque, then after 6 hours it still hasn't cooked and you probably do have a problem. Check out the Silver Firs link I posted in my first message. There's a YouTube video that that helps visualize things.

Yes I boiled water and but some soap in it. My book said to let it cool. I did and it was very cludy/milky. I will check out that web sight thanks.

That sit you suggested is the one I have been following! I didn't use the recipe cause I want a 100% castle soap. Well I hues I will just try that recipe. Unless you have a recipe for real castile soap?

If this is your first time making liquid soap, I'd follow that recipe, including her choice of oils. When you've got that working, then you can look at making a 100% olive oil Castile soap.

Latest posts

Back