My Soap Pot Jan 9 & 10th

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't accomplish all that I set out to but here is what I did get done.

The first is my salve that I made on Friday. I'm really pleased with it and as you can see it's already being used....

DSCN1305.jpg

This is one I'm calling Lavender Cream. As you can see I was playing with colour again... :lol: It's made with silk, ground Lavender, cream & beeswax. Very light scent as per my usual but I didn't add any FO or EO either....

DSCN1301.jpg

Close-Up of same soap:

LAVENDERCREAMCLOSEUP.jpg

Thanks for looking and letting me share....

BTW - colour is addicting....

Lindy

OMG Lindy that Lavender Cream is sooo gorgeous. I think I need to come visit you and get lessons!!!!!!! At least you are only spittin distance.

Such a beautiful soap Lindy! The colour is superb and the pic very professional. You are inspirational girl! Is the salve all natural colour? Just from the ingredients? Very clean and refreshing looking.

Tanya

:)

Thank you so much! The salve is natural colour and it contains EVOO, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Beeswax, and Immune Booster EO Blend. It feels so amazing on the skin, I'm even using it as a cleanser on my face and neck. It works amazingly and leaves the skin so soft. I know it sounds weird, but I read somewhere that only oils can clean oils out. So what I do is rub it on my face and neck then put a really, really warm face cloth on to open the pores. Once I've done that a couple of times I pat my face and neck dry and it doesn't feel greasy, just really soft & moisturized.

As for the soap I am really pleased with the colour and I'll let you know how the scent holds up. This one is CP so it'll be a while before it's ready to use - of course I'm not known for patience and I'll be trying it sooner.... 8)

Your salve is beautiful!!! And the Lavender Cream............
smiley1637.gif

Digit

@Lindy: I do the same thing with either Wheat Germ Oil or Camellia Kissi oil, I was hesitant at first but it really does pull the bad oils & other impurities from my pores.

That lavender soap is just a gorgeous colour! What did you use as colouring? I don't know if my lavender has survived the heavy piles of snow, but your pretty lavender flowers inspire me to want to try out some bud sprinkles next year.

Thank you - I used F, D, & C Red #3 & Blue #1 in water soluble liquid. Of course me being me I tried to mix it in oil didn't work so good but it added in to the soap really nicely.

Cattleyabubbles - oh yeah I find it just the best and by using it I simply don't need any other moisturizers.... :p :D :p

Lindy said:
Thank you - I used F, D, & C Red #3 & Blue #1 in water soluble liquid. Of course me being me I tried to mix it in oil didn't work so good but it added in to the soap really nicely.

Cattleyabubbles - oh yeah I find it just the best and by using it I simply don't need any other moisturizers.... :p :D :p

how many pounds of soap did you make for that batch? and, how much of the coloring [each] did you use?

sorry for the questions. i'm still learning. :oops:

I made 4 lbs of soap and I'm not sure of the exact amounts of colour sorry - I kinda mixed until I got the colour I wanted then added to the soap. Which wasn't too smart on my part since now I'll have trouble reproducing it.... :oops:

Lindy said:
I made 4 lbs of soap and I'm not sure of the exact amounts of colour sorry - I kinda mixed until I got the colour I wanted then added to the soap. Which wasn't too smart on my part since now I'll have trouble reproducing it.... :oops:

ah, ok. thanks.

:)

Latest posts

Back