My Pub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
As some of you would have read, I am moving in about 8 weeks time to run a Pub in the Northern Territory. The pub is in a tiny town with a permanant population of 15 people, and is 270 km from the closest 'real' town.

The town from the air

The Pub

Just some of the souviniers left behind by visitors

Frank & his baby wedgetailed eagle (yep, you're right, it is actually a chook!! :lol: )

So very cool! Amazing a town of 15 can sustain a pub. I think I read somewhere that you are in a touristy area, though. Can I come??? I would love to get down there some day!!!

Wow! 15 people. That is amazing. Pub looks like a fun place. Good luck to you with your new adventure. Will it be easy for you to get you soaping supplies out there?

Hi Becky, I have been googling and now realise just where you are going to be.....how cool.....daly waters pub is famous and one of the oldest buildings in the NT, I actually learned about the area in school, long long ago, including the Stuart Tree.

Do you and your DH have publican experience? Or will it be an on the job learning thing? :wink:

Tanya :)

It's not the town that sustains the pub, it is most definately the tourists. April thru October, the caravan park is full every night and they do over 100 meals a night. It is quite a historic place - it was Australias first international airport, being a refulling stop in the London to Sydney air race of 1926, it was a WW2 base, stuff like that.

Pink, as for soaping supplies, I don't know! I'm actually not even sure that my living quarters will have a kitchen :shock: While I am looking forward to not having to cook, soaping will be awkward. I am taking my mold & stuff, and figure I can probably just use the pub kitchen during the off-peak hours.

SimplyE, I would love to have you come to visit!! It'll be my shout! :lol:

ETA - Tanya, we were posting at the same time :lol: No, no experience in being the boss, it will most definately be a HUGE learning curve. Luckily, it is my Dad's pub, we are going over so that he can have his first real break in 9 years. If I have a problem, I can just get on the phone and tell him 'Daddy, HELP!!' :lol:

Back