My other Crafts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on the copper rose! How did you manage to give it the texture of petals and leaves?

Thank you to everyone for your kind words on my designs.

Federalist, I use a dremel with a cutter bit on the rose petals to scratch the surface for texturing, then anneal the metal for variation of color, brush the copper to make it shine, tack it to a copper rod and start bending and forming. The leaves are annealed, hammered and bent to shape. It is fun. The hardest part is cutting the copper sheeting and smoothing the edges of each petal.

Fantastic! Love the tree, have you thought about making them with skinnier stems for an earring tree? Maybe just me, but I'm always on the lookout for earring trees.

I have made a smaller gauge wire tree for a friend and she hangs little locket pictures of her family on it. It was a cute idea and love how she decorated it.

Did I not tell you? We.love.pictures.
We need something to drool over, other than soap (although we never tire of those either:mrgreen: )

Ps. I love my Dremel, don`t know what I would have done without it, I use it for decorating glassware and other things. I don`t make metalwork but I make handmade jewelry, clay, jewelry, paintings, drawings (humoristic ones) writing (novels, poems, a coupple of childrens books, working on getting them released) cardmaking, baking, soap, lipbalms, bathbombs, candles ( a while ago) sewing (by hand), crotcheting, knitting etc...

Phew, listing all this makes me think I perhaps like diversity.
Or that I can`t make up my mind...? :think:

Latest posts

Back