My new curing rack

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gobbler's Run

Reaction score
I'm sooooo excited

My DP bought this great rack for me from the supermarket in town that just shut The shelves were on an angle but he just spent all day cutting and welding to get them flat. So now all my soaps can cure together and out of my way I will have a job filling it

001_4.jpg

sweet.

lucky you to have such a handy person around to revamp it so it works.

if you stand your bars up on the shorter side, they will take up less room and you can make more even more soap to fill it up.

Wow that looks great and what a handy hubby. I want one. A set of shelves that is - I have already dumped one hubby and ain't going that route again LOL!

I guess cause it was welded this isn't the case - but beware of chrome cause I've found that chrome + soap = DOS. If the shelves are chromed I suggest getting some of that plastic needlework mesh (I forget what it's called) from a craft store and laying it down. Or better yet that rubberized shelf liner that looks like mesh (well I haven't tried this so maybe you should test it out before doing the whole thing).

Lucky, lucky you! I am forever in search of the perfect storage/drying rack. I am currently using those long shoe storage things that hang in the closet with foam board to stiffen each "shelf". After the vinyl one tore under the weight, I got the canvas ones. It works really well, but I like yours better.

chrome + soap = DOS.

Yep, I notice that occationally I get a browny yellow stripe on the under side of the soap were it is direct contact to the chrome :( I just run them over the soap plainer and it's gone but it's sure is a pain!

Gobbler's Run said:
chrome + soap = DOS.

Yep, I notice that occationally I get a browny yellow stripe on the under side of the soap were it is direct contact to the chrome :( I just run them over the soap plainer and it's gone but it's sure is a pain!

go to the hobby store and get the large sized plastic canvas for needlepoint. it stops the color change and will keep your soaps nice and level.

Really nice rack!
Maybe a month before Christmas, I was saying I needed some kind of rack because I had trays of soap drying on every available surface. My husband said I need a bakery rack. Later that day, he called me and said you won't believe what is in the garage of the home I am inspecting. The owner was in foreclosure because of losing his business and was happy to sell the rack and trays.
It is huge, like almost 6 feet high. We cleaned it and lined the trays with wax paper. It is much nicer to have all the soap in one room now. We blocked off the room because we have a pot bellied pig who will eat anything that can't get away from him.

Whoever coined the phrase "house pig" to describe pot bellied pigs had a sick sense of humor.
When I first started making soap, Wilbur was sure it was food and tried to hang around in case I dropped something. I didn't want him in the the same room due to the lye as he has an annoying habit of shoving people unexpectedly to get their attention. Before we blocked off the soap room, he managed to get into some bars that were curing and ruined 7 or 8 tasting them.

Latest posts

Back