My first soap disaster

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenofbubbles

Reaction score
I've been soaping for about 9 months, but this is the first time I've had a soap seize on me. It was aweful. Within seconds after adding the fragrance - BAM! - total ciment. I managed to "plop" it into the molds, but I really don't know if I'll be able to save it. Oh well, you live, you learn. Raspberry Lemonade FO from Saffire Blue? Yeah, not for CP!!! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1409164532.879524.jpg

Nice idea for a soap. Sad the FO didn't work out, it will probably still be usable, just not pretty enough to sell? I don't know if you are interested or already know, but raspberry seeds are great in soap. I have used raspberry and cranberry seeds as exfoliation and they give off a really nice look and feel. If you find a FO that works for the raspberry/lemonade bar seeds might be a fun addition. Dried raspberries should work as well, I have not used them tough.

Pictures of a cranberry seeded bar attached.

Untitled-1.gif

Untitled-2.gif

Last edited:
too bad. it does look like a delicious baked product though, coming right out of the oven! ;)

I didn't know about raspberry seeds, I've only used poppy seeds thusfar. Thank you for the suggestion!

Back